Flexion-Distraction Therapy: “That Table Rocks!”
Author: Dr. Ashley Nelson
Chiropractic Physician at Optimal Chiropractic in Crown Point, Indiana
Optimal Chiropractic Family Sports Rehab is a leader in patient centered chiropractic, rehabilitation, and nutritional holistic care in Crown Point, Indiana and the surrounding Northwest Indiana region.
“That table is incredible! What is it?!” Optimal Chiropractic in Crown Point, Indiana is extremely fortunate to have some of the most state of the art equipment in our facility. One of my favorite techniques utilized in the office are the flexion distraction treatments I do on most all my patients and clientele. This is the technique that feels like a light stretch up and down the spine. I see more unbelievable results for low back and neck radiation and pain from this technique above any other technique the profession utilizes.
What does it actually do?
- The Flexion-distraction causes a “pumping” motion. This increases the height of the disc while opening up the vertebral segments. The pumping pushes circulation (blood flow) into the disc space, allowing more room for the nerves to move freely (without irritation).
- The Nucleus pulposus (center of the disc) moves to the middle of the disc space (where it is supposed to be in the first place!) which reduces irritation. This is very effective for disc bulges and herniation.
- Restores joint motion. This is why you feel like your flexibility is increased right when you get off the table.
- Restores the disc to a place of improved health and circulation. Think “LIFE LONG REDUCTION OF LOW BACK PAIN INCIDENTS! YEEHHAWW!”
What is spinal issues is Flexion-Distraction used to treat?
- Failed Back Surgery Syndromes or Failed Steroid Injections of the low back and neck- this includes radiating pain or numbness in to the legs and arms.
- Disc Herniation, Ruptured Discs, Bulging Discs
- Whiplash Incidents and Automobile Accidents
- Spinal Stenosis
If you or someone you know suffers from back pain or disc injuries, you know how debilitating it can be. Flexion-Distraction is a safe & gentle alternative to back surgery, which proves to be successful on over 90% of back surgery candidates. Give your spine a chance to heal naturally before you make the jump to surgery. Call Optimal Chiropractic in Crown Point, Indiana today to schedule your consultation with the Doctor or to heal your back pain with the Flexion-Distraction Technique. Call us today at 219-661-8680 or stop in our office at 11400 Broadway in Crown Point. Don’t forget to check our webpage and facebook page for new specials.