AUTO ACCIDENT? NOW WHAT?
Crown Point Chiropractor Explains Why Chiropractic is Your Best Treatment Option!
Author: Dr. Ashley Nelson DC
Chiropractic Physician at Optimal Chiropractic in Crown Point, Indiana 46307
Summer time brings about a whole new aspect of driving. With school kids being out of class and on the road, people taking time off work to enjoy the summer, everyone driving faster as the wind blows in their face, and almost everyone being more and more distracted; it has never been more important to make sure you are focused and paying attention when behind the wheel. If you are one of the unlucky people that happen to be the victim of a car accident, make sure you know your options of care to get your body and mind back to normal. “Minor” motor vehicle collisions are commonly associated with long term symptoms, disability, and pain that are experienced 15-20 years post-collision. So what can you do today to make sure your body heals correctly? See your Crown Point Chiropractor!
Chiropractic is truly the best way to treat and relieve these types of musculo-skeletal issues that occur in whiplash and car injuries. Following are some reason why:
1. Do you know how much inflammation results post-accident? Whiplash is a very common and serious thing! Your ligaments, muscles, and tendons are all quickly stretched, strained, possibly tore. In most cases the auto injury victim will not feel this inflammatory discomfort immediately post-accident; however, a few days later- they can barely move. This is the perfect time to get adjusted! Why? Because it releases anti-inflammatory Interleukin 6 which heals acute injuries!
2. Post-accident joints become chronically fixated and develop scar tissue if they are not placed back in to normal spinal motion. Your Crown Point Chiropractic finds the fixated joints and breaks up the scar tissue by effectively stretching and correctly placing the bones.
3. Chiropractic adjustments produce quick endorphin release-consequently relieving pain! Studies also find that “PROMPT TREATMENT IS THE BEST TREATMENT FOR LONG-TERM RESULTS”.
4. The worse motion for your body and spine is NO MOTION AT ALL. Let your Crown Point Chiropractor help you restore this normal motion in the spine and musculature to maximize healing process to the joints, ligaments, bones, and muscle. Chiropractic also increases blood flow to the areas that need healed.
5. Chiropractic adjustments relieve stress, anxiety, depression, and flight or fight responses. Adjustments significantly lower cortisol levels, show lowered pain scores and higher quality of life post treatment.
6. Chiropractic Works! Research shows that 93% of motor vehicle injury patients with whiplash showed dramatic improvements with chiropractic care.
Let us know if we can help you recover! At Optimal Chiropractic we have a staff of Chiropractic Physician, massage therapist, chiropractic assistants and rehab specialist to help you get back to recovering optimally and feeling your best! Call our office at our Crown Point, Indiana location at 219-661-8680 and see how we can help you. Also check out www.crownpointchiro.com to see our new educational material, office announcements and specials.