Written by: BrynAlyn Evorik, Health Coach
Coconut Oil? Magic? Do tell…
Ok! Here’s a sneak peek into the amazing healing properties of Coconut Oil:
You can cook with it. You can wash your face with it. You can moisturize with it. You can deep condition your skin with it. You can add it to your dog food. You can eat it by the spoonful! Coconut oil is good you. All of you. Your hair. Your skin. Your stomach. Your baby. Your dog. You name it….Coconut oil is good for it.
“What’s so great about it?”
I am so glad you asked!
Here are a few benefits of coconut oil…and let me STRESS the wordfew….because the list is almost endless!
- Because coconut oil is made up of healthy fats it gives you energy and actually helps you lose weight! By adding 12 teaspoons of coconut oil and equal parts grass fed butter to your morning coffee every morning you can boost your metabolism and burn up to 130 additional calories per day!
- You can wash your face with it. Get your face wet with warm water, apply a medium layer of coconut oil to your entire face and let it sit for 510 minutes and remove with warm washcloth. Your eye makeup will slide right off without harsh scrubbing and because coconut oil is antibacterial and antifungal it naturally sanitizes your pores while drawing out dirt and makeup.
- You can deep condition your dry summer hair with it. Apply coconut oil to the ends of your hair and wash out after 10 minutes and you will notice a difference immediately!
- You can cook with it. You can fry shrimp in it or even use it in baking recipes as a substitute for butter. Because coconut oil is antibacterial and antifungal consuming it daily improves digestion by killing bad bacteria and fungus in the stomach and intestines, which leads to healthier digestion!
- Ever hear of oil pulling? This is my personal favorite! Put a small amount of organic coconut oil (small meaning somewhere between a pea and kidney bean sized bead) in your mouth and swish for 1015 minutes. The coconut oil literally pulls the toxins and bacteria out of our teeth, gums and soft tissues in your mouth. After 1015 minutes of swishing spit it out in the garbage can and brush like normal. Just by doing this 3 times a week will make your teeth stronger and whiter and it will also help with headaches, allergies and sinus congestion (to name a few of the conditions this simple habit will help with!)
These are just a few of the amazing benefits of coconut oil! The list of benefits goes on and on….and on.Coconut oil has proven results treating conditions ranging from halitosis to constipation and everything in between.
Who would have thought…..the cure was in the cupboard all along?